Christina is a marketer by profession, an environmentalist at heart and a parent by divine design.
Sunshine is a business designed to enhance partnerships, strengthen exposure, inspire creativity and captivate well-intended efforts ripe for success.
Christina is currently the owner of Sunshine Tahoe. She remains active within her community-at-large and currently serves as the following:
- Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful Board of Directors & member of Advancement Committee
- Nevada Women’s Fund Board of Directors & member of Marketing Committee
- Community Relations Director of Spin Games
- A Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation Queen (Queen of Hearts)
- Advisor for Trails and Vistas annual Art Hike
- Member of the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce Tourism Committee
- Founder of Truckee’s annual Historic Haunted Walking Tour, after five successful years the Tour was gifted to Trails and Vistas in 2015.
- A founding sponsor of the Tahoe Rim Trail Association (2014 & 2015) Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge and 2016 sponsor of the Sunshine Tahoe Equestrian Team
Christina is also the proprietor of The Richardson House, a historic luxury vacation rental home in historic Truckee, California.
Christina graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno in 1994 with a Bachelor Degree in Marketing. Furthering her education and career interests, she attended and graduated from the TMCC Special Event Management Certification Program in 1995 and the Nevada Women’s Fund Professional Development Series in 1996. She is a 1998 Northern Nevada PRSA Chapter Silver Spike Award recipient for “Best Community Relations Program” and 2009 Truckee Chamber of Commerce “Volunteer of the Year” nominee. Christina was inducted into the “Flash Can Hall of Fame” by Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful, an organization she has supported for over 15 years.
Christina’s national experience began in Reno, NV in the hotel casino industry. The skills she gleaned in her early years catapulted her into a dream job at Sportif USA, where she served as Marketing Director. While at Sportif, she created and managed a multi-million dollar marketing department, developed and facilitated trade show planning and marketing and built strategic, cause-related marketing alliances with key outdoor industry agencies.
In 2002 she transitioned to Public Relations Account Manager / Marketing Strategist for KPS|3 Marketing Communications, where she was able to utilize personal contacts in the outdoor industry to help position and integrate KPS|3 as sought-out marketing strategist.
In 2004 she began consulting for R&R Marketing in Las Vegas, NV, providing services for Strategic Marketing and Public Relations. She focused on both the design / implementation of marketing planning for a variety of City of Las Vegas Centennial events and a national public relations plan for Mitsubishi Electric.
From 2005-07, she served as the Associate Director of Marketing consultant for the University of Nevada School of Medicine. She created the department from scratch, acting as sole director until a permanent candidate could be found.
Read more about Christina’s actual experiences in the Case Study archive of her blog.
Throughout the years, Christina has only grown more passionate for the Tahoe / Truckee Meadows regions and has served her community by immersing herself in many organizations, panels, and boards including:
- American Marketing Association (AMA), Reno / Tahoe Chapter Member, Current
- BEAR League – Supporter / Volunteer
- Custom Learning Academy – Prior Board Member, Current Marketing Advisor
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness – Member
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe – Supporter & 2012 Fundraising Honoree on behalf of Rex
- Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful– Board of Trustees, served as Vice President
- Spin Games – Marketing Director
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association – 2013 Honoree / Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge Corporate Sponsor since 2012 Inception
- Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation – Queen of Hearts, Member
- Trails and Vistas – Board of Directors and Marketing Advisor, Ongoing
- Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce – Member, 2009 & 2014 Award Nominee (Volunteer of the Year, Hospitality Award Nominee, Not for Profit of the Year Nominee), Member of Tourism Committee
- Truckee Donner Land Trust – Supporter
- Truckee Historical Haunted Tour Fundraiser – Producer since 2009
- University of Nevada,Ren0 – Alumni Association, Member
- University of Nevada, Reno – Reynolds School of Journalism Intern Host, 2014 to Current
- Wylie Animal Rescue Foundation – Supporter
- Girl Scouts of America – Former Volunteer
- Junior Achievement of Northern Nevada – Former Volunteer
- Outdoor Industry Association – Former Member
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
She served as an invited guest speaker on partnerships and marketing at the United States Forest Service Partnership Series Conference in Las Vegas in June of 2002. She facilitated funds to sponsor a Student Conservation Association (SCA) team on the Ophir Creek Trail for a 6-week trail stewardship project, and also served as a liaison between Sportif and the San Bernardino Forest Association where Sportif sponsored a $25,000 fire tower refurbishment project for one on the nation’s most visited forests.
All of Christina’s projects have been on a consulting or freelance level since 2004. To learn more about the evolution of Christina’s marketing skill, savvy, and community passion visit the Sunshine Services section, take a look at some of her Case Studies or contact her directly.