On Monday, September 22 at Coffeebar Reno the Tahoe Rim Trail Association will celebrate 33 years of Tahoe Rim Trail Stewardship
Official Nevada 150 Event, Celebrating 33 years of the Tahoe Rim Trail
Recognized as an “Official Event” as a part of Nevada’s Sesquicentennial Celebration, Sunshine Tahoe and Coffeebar Reno are hosting a party in honor of the Tahoe Rim Trail Associations volunteers, donors, sponsors, supporters and Trail Challengers. The semi-private event is slated for Monday, September 22 @ Coffeebar Reno from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Mingle with three decades of trail builders, maintainers, Trail Challenge sponsors.
DO YOU LOVE A GOOD CHALLENGE?
Are you ready to get outside?
Enroll now for access to Tahoe’s Premiere trail program, the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge. As a member you are going to enjoy endless adventures, suprising comraderei on the trail, an annual membership to the Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA) and a super cool t-shirt (literally, it’s a tech-t so it will keep you cool and the design is simply that – cool).
Being a member is also a lovely gift for friends and family, come out on a sponsor giveaway day and we’ll take photos and provide a complimentary gift to you for being a part of a program. The Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge (TRTC) not only encourages a healthy lifestyle and safe terrain for outdoor adventures, this program helps sustain the Tahoe Rim Trail Association. Now entering its 33rd year, with government funding down close to 70%, this is a great opportunity for all of us to help take care of the Tahoe Rim Trail and have a great time while doing so.
As part of the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge, we have selected six premier destinations along the trail, which highlight something unique to Lake Tahoe: Amazing panoramic vistas, alpine lakes and creeks, wildflower-infused meadows, lush waterfalls, unique geology, rich history & much more! Depending upon the trail and season, you can hike, bike, and ride horseback, ski or snowshoe to complete each challenge site all in one year.
New this year! Tahoe Rim Trail Challengers have the option of completing your challenge as either a Trail Blazer or Trail Explorer! Trail Blazers will head out and explore six short (2-6 miles) easy treks while our Trail Explorers are challenged with going the extra mile and can explore (6-12 miles) longer and moderate treks that take you further along the Tahoe Rim Trail!
It’s all up to you and how much of a challenge you’re looking for this year. Completing any or all of the challenges makes you a 2014 Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge winner!
TELL ME MORE
Where’s McLeod? Giveaway Days
Have you seen trail mascot, McLeod the Marmot along the Tahoe Rim Trail? This summer, he too, will be taking on the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge and will make a special appearance at each of our six Where’s McLeod? Giveaway Days! Various Saturday’s this summer the TRTA and our sponsors will be with McLeod passing out cool surprises from our sponsors and cheering you on as you take on each of your six challenge treks. Grab your friends and family and see if you can find McLeod and get your picture taken with him. BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR TRTC T-SHIRT TO ALL GIVEAWAY DAYS!
So, how does it work?
1. To start, you will need to enroll in the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge as an individual, family or a member of a team. (Team rates are available.)
2. Once you enroll, click on Join the Tahoe Rim Trail Community at the upper left of this page to begin accessing the six maps and hike descriptions of the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge and to start sharing your experiences and photos.
3. Once you’ve Joined the Tahoe Rim Trail Community Once you’re logged in, you can then start sharing your experiences and photos or edit your profile.
Quick Access for Tahoe Rim Trail Challengers:
To easily access these features of the Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge, login to the Tahoe Rim Trail Community and click on any one of these links to access maps, track your challenge and to run team leader reports.
Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge Highlights
- Who: You and your friends, family, hiking parters, colleagues or go solo. After all, it’s your adventure.
- What: Hike, bike or ride your horse to six premier destination chosen for the 2014 Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge
- Where: Six day-hike locations varying in length from 2-12 miles which all lead you to spectacular views and sites located along the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail.
- When: Anytime between January 1-December 31, 2014 (snowshoeing encouraged)
- Cost: $55 individual $85 family. $20 for current TRTA members and additional family members. Group rates available.
- A 1-year Tahoe Rim Trail Association membership.
- Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge tech t-shirt to sport while on the trail.
- Access to members-only WebPages and features to download maps and hike descriptions.
- A place to share your photos and use an online tracking system to record your challenge.
- An opportunity to enhance your health and well being.
- Meet new friends and trail enthusiasts.
- All participants will receive special invitations to our on the trail Where’s McLeod? Giveaway Days this summer! Stay tuned!
The TRTA would like to thank our 2014 Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge Sponsors for your wonderful support.
MAJOR MEDIA SPONSOR
GENEROUS PROGRAM SPONSORS
THOUGHTFUL IN-KIND SPONSORS
Would you like to become a 2014 Tahoe Rim Trail Challenge Sponsor? Contact Shannon at the Tahoe Rim Trail Association at 775-298-4485 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Christina promises to spoil you rotten.