SAVE THE DATE
- Event: Historical Haunted Walking Tour
- When: Thursday, October 20 and Friday, October 21
- Where: Begin at Moody’s Bistro & Lounge (10007 Bridge Street, Truckee, CA)
- Tickets: $30 includes lively tour, glass of wine or non-alcoholic beverage of your choice
- Lodging: Special packages with The Richardson House and River Street Inn
- Contest: Costume Contest. Each night prizes will be awarded for the best costumes.
- Details: Visit truckeehistorytour.org or call (530) 305-4231
Sunshine Tahoe is a proud supporter of this unforgettable evening in downtown Truckee on Thursday, October 20 and Friday, October 21, 2011.
Old timers will tell historic tales of the Wild West, ladies of nocturnal delight will sing a tune and entertaining characters will share titillating folklore along the nearly two hour walk. Covering Truckee’s most historic sites, the tour will entertain guests from near and far with spooky legends and unsolved mysteries. Find out what loggers loved most about Jibboom Street, the first road built in the Truckee Basin. Learn how the Truckee Regulators administered justice years ago. Discover the never-told-before story of the world’s most famous Lilliputian in this old railroad town.
“Costumes were fantastic,” “enjoyed every stop and entertainer,” and “we can’t wait until next year,” commented past attendees. The Richardson House was a favorite site on the 2010 tour. Built by a lumber baron for his wife in the late 1880s, the house featured a performance by Maggie Richardson’s “ghost.” Maggie, the first wife of the house, was tormented by her son’s death, and her story, like each memorable performance along the guided tour, was captivating.
Spend the days fishing, hiking, savoring an afternoon sweet or dining at an award winning restaurant and then be immersed in Truckee’s fascinating and haunting past – all accessible from The Richardson House, a restored six bedroom Victorian vacation home that easily accommodates up to 12 people. Book two nights and enjoy 50% off your third night (10154 High Street, therichardsonhouse.com, (530) 563-6874). Or, stay at the River Street Inn for $130 a night (tax not included) (River Street Inn, 10009 East River Street, riverstreetinntruckee.com, (530) 550-9290).
Tickets go on sale in August and typically sell-out within a few weeks, please mark your calendar now.